This week’s Weekly Wednesday Blogging Challenge asks about What makes you pick up and buy a book?
There are so many reasons!
- The cover is pretty – colours design or image
- The title catches my eye, intrigues me or is in the style of the chick-lit books I like i.e. ‘The Little Wedding Island’
- It’s by an author I love and automatically read
- It’s the next in a series I’m reading
- It’s set in/about a period of history that I love
- I’ve seen it recommended – goodreads, book blog, booktok, amazon email and so on
- It’s free on bookbub/kindofbook
- It’s been on my TBR for 17 billion years
- My ADHD brain has decided I don’t know enough about a random topic like, i don’t know, paleolithic geology (no, really. that did legit happen…)
In case y’all hadn’t noticed, I’m a very eclectic reader, I’ll read pretty much any genre, any type of book. And I’m a mood reader. I will pick up whatever catches my attention, when it catches my attention, regardless of the 25 books I’ve already got on the go.